Saturday, January 15, 2011

Deloooooooode

My wandering heart cannot contain itself. We are separated only by a thin wall of glass, the only thing holding us from being together but at the same time, the minute we break it, you will cease to be. I wonder, my dearest, how can I hold affections for you, whom I cannot touch. Our eyes may meet, but nothing more. We can watch each other's movements all day, but nothing more. I watch as you grace the world beyond the barrier, feeling happy for you yet envious of the crowd you entertain.

My words, can you hear them?
I really wonder.

Do you hear my voice, or do you merely see my lips movement and my expressions? I can hear you for sure. You, are you, no matter who you sound like. I can accept your darkness, your light, your passions, your sins- everything. I can accept them because you, are true to yourself. Never pretending, never hiding, that's what I love so much about you. A man of honor, a man of pride. You have principles, but you won't mention it.

Say, what do you see in me?
No, I should ask, can you see me?

Perhaps you know nothing about the wall. I'm guessing that you most likely don't know that I exist then. This is a strange wall, you know? It's transparent on one side but completely solid on the other. It places a great distance between us but everything will end the minute we break it.

No.

It will all end the very moment you realize that there is something beyond the glass. You're better off not knowing it. Stay in your world of perfection. You don't need to know of my corrupted world. Please, stay as my fantasy. Stay as my delusion. Allow me to visualize at will. Allow me to long for you as an escape from my reality. You don't need to know about me. You'll come to hate me. I'm not someone who can be loved, so let me be deprived of it. Let me use this as a distorted motivation to carry on. I'll see you as who you are but if you can see me, I beg of you, do not dig deeper. My facade is only skin-deep. It will break upon further probing. Take me as I am.

Truth be told, it shouldn't even matter to you.
You don't even know I exist after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment